- Position Title: Biometrics Team Leader
- Experience: 5+ years
- Division/Department: Expertise and Solutions
- Reports To (Title): VP Expertise and Solutions
- Location: Lebanon
Desired Skills and Experience
- We are looking for a creative and self-motivated software engineer / team leader to take a central role in developing and maintaining our cutting-edge compute infrastructure for evaluation of emerging technologies like AI, facial recognition, IP Cameras, Biometrics, IoT and others.
- This role requires a leader with deep technical skills for various biometrics and data analysis applications. The successful candidate will join and lead a multidisciplinary team of Research and Development (R&D).
- The candidate will be accountable for roadmaps, technology standards, technical design and delivery against the platform and associated resource capacity, and communication to leadership and stakeholders. The candidate will be the expert in how this technology / platform is implemented and consumed in the business.
- The candidate will be responsible to oversee technical aspects of the platform, managing the team making changes, managing release coordination, communications, and all forms of application change activities.
The software engineer will
- Maintain and update a flexible data collection backend to meet changing requirements.
- Write and implement new backend services.
- Interface daily with data scientists, test engineers, and front end developers
- Maintain and augment a backend biometric collection system and analytic frameworks.
The ideal candidate
- Thrives on being on the critical path and is not afraid of a challenge.
- Able to think critically to solve business challenges with technology, and can clearly explain and document technical advantages of solution.
- Prioritizes code simplicity/maintainability.
- Comfortable working within a diverse team including test engineers and data scientists. Adapts system requirements to changing needs.
- Experience working in a research environment.
- Experience with open source software tools.
- Performing detailed technical design, development, and unit testing of complex applications.
- Performing architecture analysis and development.
- Develop new cutting-edge technology applications for integration with current hardware and software.
- Find, analyze, and document software bugs.
- Document new software functionality and changes.
- Write applications used for regression, load, and stress testing.
- Learning new technologies and keeping abreast of current best-practice technologies.
- Our development environment involves sophisticated and complex software engineering which integrate with advanced hardware devices.
Experience and/or certifications in one (1) or more of the following key technologies is desirable
- Access Control, Badging and Visitor Management Systems
- CCTV, Surveillance, Analytics and IP Video Management Systems
- Burglar, and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Photo Beam, Radar and Perimeter Detection Systems
- Biometric Identification Systems
- Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) Systems
- Ethernet Switches and Routers
- Servers and IT Infrastructure including SAN, NAS and Cloud Storage Systems
- Microwave and Wireless Communication Systems
- Fiber Optic, SONET and DWDM Communication Systems
- ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems)
- Useful Industry Certifications: BICSI (RCDD), NICET, ASIS (PSP, CPP) SIA, COMP TIA, PMI (PMP), CISSP
- Useful Vendor Certifications: Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP, etc.), Microsoft (MCSE), Access Control (AMAG, Honeywell, Lenel, Genetec, SoftwareHouse), Video Management (Milestone, Genetec, Exacq, Avigilon, etc.) PSIM (NICE, VidSys, Sureview, etc.) Cameras (Axis, Bosch, Sony), Intrusion Detection (DMP), Networking (Cisco, Brocade, Juniper, Ciena, Aviat, Dragonwave, Firetide, etc.)
Education & Qualifications
- BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Minimum 4 years of overall technical experience.
- Minimum 2 years of field experience or the equivalent combination of management, consulting, technical, programming and sales skills.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft .Net framework architecture: web servers, application servers, database servers, development components…
- Knowledge of C#, Java, Node, C++, Ruby and Python
- Experience in AWS or Azure is recommended.
- Knowing how to do infrastructure as code, with a tool like Terraform…
- Knowledge of Database modeling and the SQL language.
- Knowledge in Mobile Development Tools as well (Android and iOS).
- Has a basic knowledge in Machine Learning Development
- Knowledge in API and API Management such as gateways, monitoring, billing, orchestrating, OpenAPI 3.0.
- Web server environments (IIS, Tomcat)
- Knowledge of SharePoint
- Relational databases (primarily SQL Server and Oracle)
- Operating systems
- Networking (TCP/IP)
- The ability to design modular, scalable,and performant systems
- Experience developing distributed systems
Demonstrated interest in the following areas
- Building Microservices (e.g. in Golang, python, or Java)
- Containers (e.g. Docker/Rkt)
- Container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes/Marathon/Rancher/ECS)
- Monitoring (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana)
- Databases (e.g. MySQL, MemSQL, BigQuery)
- CI/CD Tooling (e.g. Jenkins/Travis/Bamboo)
- Automation Tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Leveraging cloud environments (e.g. AWS or GCP)
- The ability to optimize for performance and to write efficient, clean, and maintainable code
- A solid understanding of relational databases
- The ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated, customer focused, and able to work in a team.
- Possesses good presentation skills and communication skills.
- Is able to help qualifying a sales opportunity.
- Is able to talk with different audiences, appropriately adjust technical content to meet different audience knowledge and interest, and can juggle meetings with multiple audience levels.
Language proficiency: English and Arabic fluency is a must, French knowledge is a plus.