- Position Title: English Technical Writer
- Experience: 4+ years of experience
- Location: Lebanon
- Division/Department: Expertise and Solutions
- Reports To (Title): VP Expertise and Solutions
- Develops a thorough understanding of the audience and the documentation required by meeting with colleagues, and working with managers to discuss technical problems
- Researches and builds knowledge about products, services, technology, or concepts to be documented
- Determines the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension and writes and edits technical information accordingly
- Prepares or commissions graphics and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing
- Meets with subject matter experts in order to ensure that specialized topics are appropriately addressed and discussed
- Collaborates with translators as necessary to convert writing into a variety of languages
- Works with sales and marketing colleagues to ensure that the finished documentation meets product requirements
- Revises, edits, or updates instructions, technical information, and frequently asked questions as necessary
- Creates, adapts, and follows project schedules and deadlines
- Specializes in technical writing for one or more specific industries
- Remains up-to-date on technological and product developments as well as universal specifications relevant to his or her industry
- Attends conferences, trade shows, and educational seminars pertinent to his or her industry
- Writes and create proprietary content in English (ebooks, guides, whitepapers, case studies, landing pages, new products, blogging)
- Proofreads all assignments at all phases of execution
- Provides support and assistance in researching for specific projects
- Should have the ability to develop creative concepts that meet assignment objectives
- Should be “in the know” about current trends and behaviors
- Use creative instincts to develop engaging concepts to fulfil client expectations
- All copy created by a copywriter needs to be interesting for the reader, whilst adhering to the objectives of the project, staying within the brief and being completely grammatically
- Responsible for generating technical write ups for
- technical proposals
- product catalogs
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, or Information Technology
- Written Communication.
- Ability to Explain Concepts Clearly.
- Planning and Organization.
- Knowledge of Software and Computers.
- Attention to Detail.
- Ability to Work Under Pressure.
- Min 4 years of experience within a corporate or agency environment as a writer
- Experience in writing technical documents related to IT products or services
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent decision making abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation
- Developed management, leadership and team building abilities
- Well organized with a strong ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative and be responsible in doing so
- Career focused with a strong passion to succeed
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication