- The PMO Manager is to ensure that the company’s standards are upheld and clearly defined throughout the entire process of each project’s development and execution. PMO Manager has to ensure the delivery of the agreed scope on time, on or exceeding budget objectives (revenue, cost, margin), to customer expectations and at the targeted quality level. The PMO manager has to work on mitigating risks and issues while keeping open communication channels with all levels internally and externally to build consensus on all projects constraints.
- PMO Manager is responsible for the definition and maintenance of the standards of project management and process. He should support the successful delivery of programs undertaken by Everteam through effective facilitation, tracking and reporting.
- He should ensure the projects resources are allocated and assigned on the proper timing with clear roles and responsibilities for each. Project documentation is of top importance to be revised and assure that PMs are maintaining, updating and sharing it on regular basis.
- The PMO Manager is also responsible for maintaining a co-operative, motivated and successful team.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Define and build PMO
- Appoint / recruit PMO resources based on PMO model
- Define organizational model
- Provide reporting to senior management and stakeholders
- Ensure alignment to strategy
- Create working relationships with project managers and other PMO’s
- Facilitate governance process
- Overall risk management to identify themes
- Facilitate dependency management across the projects and programs
- Facilitate change control process
- Track deliverables and benefit realization
- Mentor project managers
- Responsible for tools, standards and methodology i.e. project management templates
- May line manage project managers for a pro-active / managerial PMO
Skills and Experience Required
- 8 to 12 years of experience within the IT Software field.
- 6+ years of project management experience.
- Experience in working in a collaborative team-oriented environment. Preferred Professional Services delivery environment.
- Ability to work under pressure for meeting deadlines.
- Proactive approach to anticipate issues or risks and mitigate before happening.
- Ability to focus on the essentials, capacity for abstraction and sound judgment.
- Leadership skills (Lead by example)
- Familiarity with project management tools / templates and software packages (MS Project, JIRA)
- University graduate with preferably a BS in Computer Science or BE in Computer Engineering.
- PMP Certificate is a major plus.
- Riyadh – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.