This role is responsible for the success of one or more medium to large internal or external projects. The project manager should deliver the agreed scope on time, on or exceeding budget objectives (revenue, cost, margin), to customer expectations and at the targeted quality level. The PM should work on mitigating risks and issues while keeping open communication channels with all levels internally and externally to build consensus on all project constraints.
He/she should ensure the project resources are allocated and assigned on the proper timing with clear roles and responsibilities for each. Project documentation is of top importance to be maintained, updated and shared on regular basis.
The Project Manager is also responsible for maintaining a co-operative, motivated and successful team.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible to thoroughly understand and communicate clients’ requirements to appropriate team members.
- Coordinate and facilitate successful delivery of project objectives.
- Developing and maintaining a detailed project definition document (PDD).
- Follow up with suppliers, procurement & logistics department for project orders to secure project delivery targets.
- Track progress and review project tasks to make sure milestones and/or deadlines are met adequately.
- Mitigate risks through early identification and response planning either through the right action plans or through escalations.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to ensure efficiency, high quality and customer goals.
- Proactively communicate project status/progress, schedule, issues & risks to PMO and / or projects’ sponsors.
- Managing change control, through the PMO Change Management Process, and escalating issues when necessary.
- Follow PMO policies, procedures, standards, processes and methodologies.
- Work collaboratively with engineers to maintain thorough knowledge of product or solution capabilities.
- Attending the customer Acceptance Testing scenarios execution sessions to secure thorough deliverables sign offs as per the agreed schedule with the customer.
- Ensure customer training and project handover has been conducted properly and up to acceptable quality levels.
- Track delays on the schedule very accurately and identify the source of the delay to prevent schedule from slippage.
- Proper project management documentation including but not limited to write up, SoW compilation, planning, progress reporting, official letters, input on proposals or replies to RFPs, etc..
- Manage project budget including P&L during the project life cycle to ensure Project Delivery Budget is not exceeded.
- Document subcontractors’ SoW (Scope of Work) as part of the official PO while referring to the agreed project proposal scope and delivery nature / conditions.
- Manages, evaluates and motivates the project team (local or virtual) to keep them excited about the project objectives and deliverables; protects the team from outside distractions.
- Day to day project management and progress updates collection from project team members.
- Ensures the right resources level of engagement, availability and utilization on running projects.
- Provide project management consultancy and training as per PMO requests.
- Documenting Project Lessons Learnt periodically and conducting post project review meetings.
- Conduct monthly PRB (Project Review Board) sessions.
- Submitting project reports and timesheets accurately and on time.
- Approving / Rejecting project resources timesheets and expenses on projects.
- Meeting or exceeding expectations on all PM Objectives / KPIs of the year as announced by the PMO.
- Share in optimizing the current PMO processes through constructive and well documented recommendations for improvement.
Skills and Experience Required
- 6 to 12 years of experience within the IT Software field.
- 3+ years of project management experience.
- Experience in working in a collaborative team-oriented environment. Preferred Professional Services delivery environment.
- Ability to work under pressure for meeting deadlines.
- Proactive approach to anticipate issues or risks and mitigate before happening.
- Ability to focus on the essentials, capacity for abstraction and sound judgment.
- Leadership skills (Lead by example)
- Familiarity with project management tools / templates and software packages (MS Project, JIRA)
- University graduate with preferably a BS in Computer Science or BE in Computer Engineering.
- PMP Certificate is a major plus.
- ITIL V3 Foundation is a plus but not a must.
- The base will be in Lebanon. Travel outside might be required up to 15% of the time depending on utilization, other project managers’ availability, project technical area, and nature of Group’s closed opportunities.
- This position reports directly to the Lebanon PMO Director.