- Position Title: Senior Solutions Architect
- Experience: 5+ years of experience
- Location: Lebanon
- Division/Department: Expertise and Solutions
- Reports To (Title): VP Expertise and Solutions
- The Solutions Architect is responsible for establishing architectural goals and providing technical leadership across projects. Assists with application design and development of new software or extensive revisions to existing systems. Responsible for initial design and development of new software or extensive revisions to existing systems.
Must be able to cover the below areas:
- Defines solution requirements and creates high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems and platforms.
- The position is a top-level technical expert with responsibility for the design and development of integrations, APIs, commercial software implementations, custom applications, cloud components as well as Oracle database environments that support of strategic enterprise software and other company systems.
- Provides technical leadership on complex projects. Guides a team of developers through a project life-cycle to completion. Is the top level technical expert in a business and/or functional areas.
- Mentors project members and more junior staff toward success in software design, documentation, and execution. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Acts independently under general direction.
- Leveraging design patterns to solve recurring development functions and collaborating with other architects to develop integrated systems with common principles.
- Analyze business and technical requirements to identify and evaluate alternatives and effectively communicate those options to leadership
- Analyzes business requirements and designs and develops integrations, APIs, commercial software implementations, custom Java applications, components, or Oracle solutions.
- Creates and fully document a conceptual and detailed software design based upon business requirements and ensures models are implemented in the Enterprise Architect (EA) software suite.
- Accomplishes development efforts using high-level computer software tools.
- Solicit and/or perform code reviews.
- Architecture and design for enterprise applications
- Design and implementation of various Java, J2EE, and .Net components (Class libraries, Web, Windows, WCF, Deployment kits)
- Committed to best practices in J2EE and .Net development, with a personal interest in improving the development process.
- Strengths include excellent communication and mentoring skills, focus on delivery and valued experience.
- Ability to work under pressure and to learn and work within a team.
- Is able to describe new products, innovations and technologies and how they interact with 3rd party technologies.
- Advise the pre-sales team regarding new opportunities that may be developed with current clients as well as new prospects.
- Has the ability to assess a customer’s business problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Investigate and research new technologies, products, features…
- Has the ability to handle most customer meetings without the assistance of other staff.
- When complex problems requiring out-of-the-box thinking arise, can document a solution and articulate the business value to a customer.
- Download and test open source products and integrate with existing software products
- Support the proposal team in writing technical proposals and responding to RFPs
- Design conceptual solutions
- Prepare and give presentations explaining the solution proposed
- Participate in on-line technical forums and provision of online support content when needed
- Participate in deep technical meetings with customers.
- Continuously updating technical knowledge and learning new products and feature sets.
- Design and customize applications and programs for demonstration using Visual Studio .Net or other.
- Utilize industry standard techniques such as UML to document and interpret designs.
- Unit test software components.
- Follow configuration management and version control policies.
- Present solution with estimated work effort.
- Build training manuals for developed applications.
- Provide training sessions on developed applications.
- Abide by the training plans assigned by Unit Managers.
Education & Qualifications
- BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Minimum 4 years of overall technical experience.
- Minimum 2 years of field experience or the equivalent combination of consulting, technical, programming and sales skills.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft .Net framework architecture: web servers, application servers, database servers, development components…
- Knowledge of C#, Java, Node, C++, Ruby and Python
- Experience in AWS or Azure is recommended.
- Knowing how to do infrastructure as code, with a tool like Terraform…
- Knowledge of Database modeling and the SQL language.
- Knowledge in Mobile Development Tools as well (Android and iOS).
- Has a basic knowledge in Machine Learning Development
- Knowledge in API and API Management such as gateways, monitoring, billing, orchestrating, OpenAPI 3.0.
- Web server environments (IIS, Tomcat)
- Knowledge of SharePoint
- Relational databases (primarily SQL Server and Oracle)
- Operating systems
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated, customer focused, and able to work in a team.
- Possesses good presentation skills and communication skills.
- Is able to help qualifying a sales opportunity.
- Is able to talk with different audiences, appropriately adjust technical content to meet different audience knowledge and interest, and can juggle meetings with multiple audience levels.
Language proficiency: English and Arabic fluency is a must, French knowledge is a plus.