Position Title: Solutions Specialist
Experience: 3 years and above
Reports To (Title): Pre-Sales Manager
The Solutions Specialist is responsible for assisting the sales team to drive revenue by helping to qualify accounts, helping the proposals team answer RFP/RFI’s, preparing and delivering solution based product presentations, and delivering proof of concepts which meet customer business requirements.
He is responsible for working with everteam’s products and is responsible for handling any technical question or issue which arises during a sales cycle and setting appropriate customer expectations.
He must be able to cover the below areas:
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated, customer focused, and able to work in a team.
- Possesses good presentation skills and communication skills.
- Is able to help qualifying a sales opportunity.
- Is able to talk with different audiences, appropriately adjust technical content to meet different audience knowledge and interest, and can juggle meetings with multiple audience levels.
- Is able to handle customer objections by determining the real business problem, and finding creative solutions.
- Be able to position our products against the competition.
- Is able to describe everteam’s products and how they interact with 3rd party technologies.
- Advise the sales team regarding new opportunities that may be developed with current clients as well as new prospects.
- Has the ability to assess a customer’s business problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Investigate and research new technologies, products, features…
- Has the ability to handle most customer meetings without the assistance of other staff.
- When complex problems requiring out-of-the-box thinking arise, can document a solution and articulate the business value to a customer.
- Support the proposal team in writing technical proposals and responding to RFPs
- Design conceptual solutions
- Prepare and give presentations explaining the solution proposed
- Participate in on-line technical forums and provision of online support content when needed
- Participate in deep technical meetings with customers.
- Continuously updating technical knowledge and learning new products and feature sets.
- Design and customize applications and programs for demonstration
- Follow configuration management and version control policies.
- Present solution with estimated work effort.
- Build training manuals for developed applications.
- Provide training sessions on developed applications.
- Abide by the training plans assigned by Unit Managers.
Desired Skills and Experience
Education & Qualifications
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of overall technical experience.
- Minimum 2 years of field experience or the equivalent combination of consulting, technical, programming and sales skills.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of the Microsoft .Net and Java framework architecture: web servers, application servers, database servers, development components…
- Has a basic knowledge of Enterprise Content Management requirements
- The ability to persuade or influence others to accept a point of view, to adopt a specific agenda or to take a course of action.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally or on regional basis.
- Being open, flexible and creative with regards to time management and scheduling challenges.
Some of the required technical skills and abilities include a working knowledge of:
- Web development languages (.Net, HTML, ASP.net, Java Script and J2EE…)
- Web server environments (IIS, Tomcat)
- Knowledge of SharePoint is a plus
- Familiarity with system integration methods such as web services, SOAP & REST APIs, Microservices
- Familiarity with Relational databases (primarily SQL Server and Oracle)
Language proficiency: English and Arabic fluency is a must, French knowledge is a plus.