Proposal Management activities
- Responsible for timely delivery of all allocated proposal projects ensuring the highest quality of customer deliverables;
- Manage the proposal project, working closely with the Bid team/Account Manager;
- Produce & manage the proposal project plan (including risk analysis & contingency planning), ensuring that all necessary activities are completed on time;
- For assigned projects, co-ordinate and manage the activities of other proposal center staff as required to be involved in the proposal;
- Ensure a consistent and clear story in the overall proposal document by reviewing and providing critique to the content produced by contributors and Proposal Writers;
- Lead proposal learning reviews by providing objective facilitation and developing clear action plans.
Bid Management Activities
- Ensure that all relevant bid processes are followed as required (e.g. sales qualification, bid assessment & preparation, business approvals), and lead meetings as required;
- Facilitate the proposal strategy meeting with the account manager/bid team and other key proposal contributors to ‘storyboard’ proposal content based on customer & competitive analysis;
- Facilitate Pre-Proposal planning meetings with the Account Manager/Bid team to ensure that appropriate steps are taken to maximize the proposal chance of success;
- Coach the bid presentation team if required (slide development, logistics, rehearsals etc.);
- Understand the bid strategy from a business perspective and audit / build opportunities business cases in support of business targets;
- For bids won, ensure thorough follow through handover to Project Delivery.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in a numerate or business discipline or significant relevant experience;
- Experience in Project Management.
- Understanding of opportunities financials and commercials is a must: Handling business cases, understanding margins, NPVs, IRRs, cash flows, overheads, PnLs, etc.
- Minimum 2 years of experience within commercial industry, ideally IT;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience within the field of bids & proposals – purchasing and/or sales – including exposure to the vendor side.
Knowledge & Skills
- Clear understanding of proposal management processes including pre-proposal planning, strategy development and storyboarding, proposal writing skills;
- Understanding of bid management process including whole sales cycle;
- Excellent facilitation skills – able to build & motivate proposal teams, generate creativity, act as an effective ‘devil’s advocate’ and use a range of facilitation techniques;
- Able to quickly establish credibility and rapport with sales & business staff and to form teams across organizational boundaries without direct authority;
- Good purchasing empathy – able to identify customer drivers in RFPs;
- Enthusiasm for working in an intensive, deadline-driven and high-profile role;
- Able to work effectively on multiple, concurrent projects;
- Clear understanding of bid management processes and proposal lifecycle.
- Adhering to Principles & Values
- Creating & Innovating
- Customer Focus
- Results Orientation
- Impact & Influence
- Leading Execution
- Riyadh – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia