“I have to inventory, analyze, clean up and sort the content coming from our applications (file sharing systems, email servers, Sharepoint, …) so we can properly govern the content, reducing risks and costs.”
- We want to reduce the volume of unnecessary content, commonly called “ROT” (Redundant, Obsolete and Trivial), stored across our applications (file sharing systems, email servers, Sharepoint, …).
- Our employees store personal information (PII) or confidential data in unsecured locations.
- We need to find and identify this data and move it to the proper repository.
- We need to identify document types and other binding documents within the “bulk” content that we have over time stored in different internal systems to improve governance and to ensure compliance with various regulations for data cleaning.
Analysis for legal compliance
“I need to meet the GDPR compliance requirements and must identify and inventory documents containing personal data to ensure they are properly managed with respect to our regulatory obligations.”
- We need to maintain compliance with GDPR but we don’t know where personal data is located.
- We need to expand our current retention plan and document categories to accommodate the additional data required by the implementation of a registrar of data processing according to art.30 of the GDPR. In parallel, our organization has started an ISO 27001 project which also requires the implementation of an informational register and we want to align these different initiatives.
- We want to ensure that certain types of risky personal data can be saved in our applications (internal or cloud) to be fully aligned with our registrar.
- We wish to automate the deletion on due time of content containing personal data to comply at the earliest with the deletion deadlines per category of personal data and comply with our GDPR obligations.
A compliance project allows you to find all the information you need to comply with a regulation
and apply the associated rules.