“ We need to provide our users with a 360-degree view of their information for them to gain efficiency and make better decisions.”
Intelligent search and data analysis
- We need to connect data from many systems to provide a consolidated search system and output for our different business lines.
- We have a large amount of customers/suppliers/employee information located in mail boxes, file sharing systems or business applications that would give us a more complete picture of our customer and supplier relationships could they be federated.
- My team members spend a lot of time finding the correct information in several different systems to make the right decisions.
- We have to manage content from several subsidiaries, in several languages, and we want to improve the relevance of our searches and find the right documents in time.
Cognitive search tools will allow you to combine artificial intelligence (AI) technologies such as machine learning and natural language processing.
You will be able to analyze your content, automatically extract metadata, and create dynamic views of your data, allowing you to efficiently find the information you need.
“I have an old and obsolete application that I want to decommission cheaply and quickly while being able to sort out what information to destroy and what to retain.”
- We spend a lot of money keeping old applications running to store the data we need to retain.
- Following a recent acquisition, we need to combine data from two similar systems and get rid of one of them.
- One of our enterprise systems has performance issues due to the amount of data stored, much of which is which is outdated and/or no longer useful.
- We are concerned that the information stored in our old systems is at risk because they are no longer properly maintained.
- As part of our digital transformation strategy, we decided to streamline the number of existing applications in favor of new digital solutions.
An application decommissioning project identifies data to be deleted, archived, and migrated to a new system, applying retention policies where appropriate and getting rid of older applications to reduce IT risks and costs.
“I have to inventory, analyze, clean up and sort the content coming from our applications (file sharing systems, email servers, Sharepoint, …) so we can properly govern the content, reducing risks and costs.”
- We want to reduce the volume of unnecessary content, commonly called “ROT” (Redundant, Obsolete and Trivial), stored across our applications (file sharing systems, email servers, Sharepoint, …).
- Our employees store personal information (PII) or confidential data in unsecured locations.
- We need to find and identify this data and move it to the proper repository.
- We need to identify document types and other binding documents within the “bulk” content that we have over time stored in different internal systems to improve governance and to ensure compliance with various regulations.
Analysis for legal compliance
“I need to meet the GDPR compliance requirements and must identify and inventory documents containing personal data to ensure they are properly managed with respect to our regulatory obligations.”
- We need to maintain compliance with GDPR but we don’t know where personal data is located.
- We need to expand our current retention plan and document categories to accommodate the additional data required by the implementation of a registrar of data processing according to art.30 of the GDPR. In parallel, our organization has started an ISO 27001 project which also requires the implementation of an informational register and we want to align these different initiatives.
- We want to ensure that certain types of risky personal data can be saved in our applications (internal or cloud) to be fully aligned with our registrar.
- We wish to automate the deletion on due time of content containing personal data to comply at the earliest with the deletion deadlines per category of personal data and comply with our GDPR obligations.
A compliance project allows you to find all the information you need to comply with a given regulation and apply the related rules accordingly.