Are you looking for a way to find your most engaging documents quickly? Are you trying to understand what information is stored and where? You can make sense of your files using the power of Big Data and Machine Learning. Purify autonomously and automatically the storage of duplicates, obsolete elements or decommissioned applications with File Analytics.
File Analytics solutions allow you to go further than “classic” File Sharing. File Sharing solutions focus on giving access to data, anywhere in the world and at any time. But what if you want to want to leverage this content in new ways which can benefit the company and employees?
File Sharing and its Challenges
While File Sharing tools are perfect for internal corporate communication and information flow, and it allows documents to be transmitted quickly and efficiently, but they have certain drawbacks that make them, in the long run , much less effective:
- Documents can be difficult to find. The multiplication of duplicates, suboptimal classification (even based on criteria specific to each user), the presence of links shares; the result? File Sharing tools are certainly populated with relevant documents, but there are so many documents stored there that finding the one you need can take hours.
- Not all documents are valid. A document in a File Sharing tool is not necessarily a relevant document. It can indeed be considered obsolete, present erroneous information, or even have been corrected multiple times since its was added to the share. The result? Your company may have, unknowingly, harmful elements in your file shares.
- Access to data is not always secure. With File Sharing tools like shared drives, information security is compromised by the multiplicity of users and access points. Documents “escape” management and the IT department. And, from the outside, attacks can multiply! In addition, confidentiality is endangered because it’s nearly impossible to encrypt document content and control access to it.
It is not reasonable to do information governance with Shared Drives (Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.). Their advantages, such as simplicity, are quickly eclipsed by their disadvantages. The most important is endangering your company’s confidential information.
File Analytics, for Dynamic File System Cleaning
File systems must be “cleared” of spurious documents (duplicate, obsolete, and so on) to keep them efficient. File Analytics tools offer the ability to analyze information and cleanse assets, in order to more easily control the life cycle of files. They also allow you to automatically analyze the contents of documents, with:
- Extraction of named entities (places, people, functions …);
- Extraction of company data (product code, customer number …);
- Categorization by learning …
- … or through a semantic repository.
From CRM to Email: Facilitating Data Management
In all sectors, companies capture, store and use large amounts of data. Whether we are talking about a CRM or an email client, content can be:
- Structured: It is framed by specific references, which will allow a search engine to interpret and locate it more easily;
- Semi-structured: Data that is not organized according to a given repository, but that integrates metadata or any other type of related information, facilitating their processing and exploitation;
- Unstructured: Content that not subject to any repository and contains no associated information.
File analytics tools are intended to facilitate access to this data, regardless of their “quality” and their level of structure. They can also efficiently govern your corporate information, which is essential when you need to be responsive to the demands of customers, employees and partners.
File Analytics tools make access to quality data faster and more accurate. Want to know more? Connect with our team.